Based on the values we abide by, YET4H’s governance model is ais be a cooperative form of governance where the Board of Directors (Board) makes decisions for the group equals. Further, through this model, all members of the Board are motivated to show an equal amount of commitment and dedication to YET4H and all actions taken shall prioritize the group’s consensus, where possible.
THIS GOVERNANCE MODEL IS MEANT TO:
- Ensure YET4H facilitates an efficient and effective decision-making process;
- Ensure there is diversity and inclusion;
- Ensure that the organisation has a clear direction and has set reasonable goals, objectives and targets;
- Ensure the principal roles and responsibilities of YET4H governance structures are stipulated and communicated, including the effective delegation of authorities and clear differentiation of the respective roles of management and YET4H members;
- Ensure that the organisation is well managed financially and that there is mutual accountability;
- Ensure that the organisation and its management have in place appropriate and effective means of communication;
- Ensure that there are succession plans for YET4H membership.
THROUGH THIS, WE HOPE TO:
- Achieve appropriate information-sharing systems that encourage active participation of the Board of Directors, members, staff and partners;
- Facilitate the development of mutually-owned solutions that take the needs of all stakeholders into consideration:
- Encourage the production of mutually-owned knowledge that will contribute towards achieving the mission and vision of the organisation;
- Work collectively to pool resources together for the organisation;
- Organise YET4H’s operational, financial, risk management, and reporting processes such that the Board receives the information it requires to effect good governance and management.
The full governance framework document is in development and will be uploaded once finalised.